Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ONYX - Bacdafucup.

I havent listened to this in a long time, but it was a main stay album when I was like 13-16, one of the first hiphop albums I remember liking, it sounds very much like 90's mid school rap, lots of jazz samples, yelled chorus's and flowing bass lines but this has the added advantage of being grimy as fuck. Listening to this now, It just doesent hold up as well as I thought it would, don't get me wrong its good, and Sticky Fingaz is an awesome m.c. I just remember this having alot more outstanding tracks on it, maybe this is as good as it always was, but I changed and broadened my horizons on hiphop alot since then, all the songs on this album just seem very formulated, there's some super killer tracks, but a few awesome songs does not a perfect album make. all in all, id say its a solid release, but there's better hiphop But if you like your hiphop grimy and dirty, this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment